Peri Peri Chicken is an authentic African dish; this mouth-watering recipe with High On Chicken peri-peri sauce is perfect for all chicken lovers. This tropical Chicken is crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and easy to make. Serve this with sweet potato fries and rice for a healthy dinner! With the blend of Peri Peri Sauce, this Chicken will surely be a hit.
Prep time: 30-35 min
Serve for: 4-5
- 5 kg Chicken
- High On Chicken peri peri sauce
- One large onion, chopped
- One tomato
- 2 Peppers
- Five garlic cloves
- One lemon
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 7 tbsp oil
Step 1: Prep the Chicken
- Turn the whole Chicken facing the breast side downwards and cut through it. Season it with 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp sugar, and black pepper, and add lemon juice.
- Leave it for 1 1/2 hrs.
Step 2: Marination
- The Hot On Chicken peri peri sauce makes a tasty marinade for the Chicken.
- Marinate the Chicken with the peri peri sauce and give it a good massage all over the Chicken.
- Keep it aside for 1 hr.
Step 3: Grill the Chicken
- Heat the grill pan with vegetable oil (any oil available).
- After the pan is hot, grill the Chicken for 2 min on one side, flip it slowly, and grill it for another 2 min.
Step 4: Baking
- Preheat the oven to 200°C for 15 min.
- Marinate the grilled Chicken with the leftover marinate and oil. Then toss it over the baking tray.
- Reduce the temperature to 180°C and let it cook for an hour or until it is perfectly cooked.
- Your spicy, delicious Peri Peri Chicken is Ready!!
- Depending on your preference, this can be served with rice or roti and your favorite vegetable side dish.
- Made with just a few ingredients and little time, this peri-peri chicken will be everybody’s love!
Step 4: Spicy Rice
- Chop one large onion and some garlic cloves, and roughly chop one tomato and red and yellow peppers.
- Turn on the flame to medium-high and heat the oil in the cooking pan.
- When the oil is hot, lay down the chopped onions and stir until it’s golden brown.
- To this caramelized onions, place the roughly chopped tomatoes for 2 min to soften them.
- Toss the chopped peppers into this mix.
- Rinse rice with water 2 to 3 times.
- Put the washed rice and add Hot On Chicken peri-peri sauce to the pan.
- Add one cup of water and cook it for 10-15 minutes until the rice is cooked perfectly.
- Serve the Peri Peri Chicken with this spicy hot rice.
- Try this slow-cooked peri-peri chicken and spicy rice with all the wonderfully flavored peri-peri sauce fixings!
Occasions where you can make peri-peri chicken
Let it be a success party, birthday, or anniversary. The best way to celebrate any occasion is by making this spicy, zesty, and tangy peri-peri chicken. You should add this peri-peri chicken recipe to your menu.
Imagine you and your friends are meeting after ages. The peri peri chicken will blend well with them to top the spicy gossip and replenish memory. This tender and flavorful Chicken is good to go with salads or rice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How to make peri taste good?
The easiest way is to get your hands on the High On Chicken peri peri sauce. This sauce is made from an authentic African recipe. The peri-peri sauce has the best and most fresh ingredients, such as bell peppers, onions, garlic, mixed herbs, and many more.
Check out the “High On Chicken” website for more information.
- What is peri-peri chicken made of?
The peri-peri chicken is traditionally made with a whole chicken and marinated in the peri-peri sauce.
- What does peri-peri chicken go well with?
Peri-peri chicken can be served with steamed or spicy rice, whose recipe has been shared above, potato wedges, tortilla or roti, and crispy sweet potatoes. You can also use any side dish according to your preference.
- Is peri-peri chicken African or Portuguese?
Peri-peri chicken is known as Mozambique in South Africa. It is one of the staple food of South Africa. But it’s the Mozambique Portuguese who brought this dish to South Africa.
- How to cut the Chicken for peri-peri?
To make the perfectly cooked peri peri chicken, follow these steps. Place the chicken breast downside on the chopping board. Use a strong scissor cut along both sides of the backbone so that the Chicken is flattened out.
- Is peri-peri healthy?
Peri-peri is used to describe the African bird’s-eye chili. They are rich in vitamins B1, B2, and B3 and minerals like potassium, iron, calcium, and phosphorus. They can increase your metabolism and blood flow and revive your appetite.